70s Silhouette Lace Dress

I love the babydoll A Line Mini late 60s early 70s silhouette with the bow detail. 
Mary Quant was a great influence in the late 1960s psychedelic fashion .
Her style moved away from “grown up fashion” to playful “youth” driven. Her shift dresses were short, very short, and her prints were bold and colorful “mod” prints. Her fashion, her personality, set the tone for the rest of the 1960s as “fashion-is-fun.” Mary Quant takes credit for the "Mini" and "Hotpants"



 I have a nostalgia for this era as my Mum and Aunties wore them in mini and psychedelic colours. I made my piece in a more sophisticated corded brown lace and lined the bodice with chocolate coloured acetate. Dress is a mini at 36" but could be made into a micro mini if  desired. I made trendy  fluted sleeves which are here to stay. 

No comments

Back to Top