Friday 17 February 2017

An African In Winter: The Bomber Jacket


 I made another of my "African In Autumn and Winter" Bomber Jackets the client chose the ABC Ankara fabric from 6 swatches available to choose from. The ABC Ankara fabric pattern dates back to the 1950s, when the Dutch factories first started making this cotton fabric for African consumption. This piece is unisex and I add an interfacing of wadding for warmth. Since we are moving intoAutunm I used the thinnest layer of wadding I could find in my local haberdashery.Click here to see   I also used acetate lining, an open ended zip and ribbing which can all be found in your local haberdashery.
My Jacket has raglan sleeves as opposed to the usual round arm hole.





Below is a video of what it entails to put this piece together
If you would like a step by step video please comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment